Lucy

Lucy
My name is Lucy. I am on a road trip with my masters Bob and Karen. We are traveling US Route 6 starting at Provincetown MA and we are doing it in a Corvette.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mansfield PA - Day 5

Not long after leaving Scranton, starting in Meshoppen, Route 6 follows the Susquehanna River. I saw farms, especially milk cows and hay fields, more often as we neared Laceyville. In Wyalusing, we saw this antique story appropriately named Sanford and Sons. Boy was it chock full of stuff, at least on the outside.

Wyalusing is where I first noticed the quilt like markings on barns. Karen looked them up for me. They are barn quilts. The first one was displayed in Ohio in 2001 and others followed suit. You can find more information here. They are sometimes set up as a trail like those I saw. This link has more information on the Wyalusing barn quilt trail. Note, Karen found it hard to get a picture until we could pull over for this one (not on a barn though) we saw later in the day.

We stopped at the scenic overlook just west of Wyalusing. Karen is the only one who got out to look - it was chilly! She stepped out onto this rock ledge to take pictures. This satellite view map shows the location.


She said the view was breathtaking as you can see.

See the next post for the end of the trail to Mansfield. 



No comments:

Post a Comment