Lucy

Lucy
My name is Lucy. I am on a road trip with my masters Bob and Karen. We are traveling US Route 6 starting at Provincetown MA and we are doing it in a Corvette.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Mansfield Part 2

Next stop was French Azilum located near Wysox. We saw a sign and followed them down a long very winding and narrow path. You can see why it made Bob tense driving.
French Azilum provided refuge for a group of French exiles in the autumn of 1793.   There aren't any structures from the original town. We did see a reconstructed and relocated log cabin, circa 1790, that is a small museum but it was closed.  We walked around the grounds a little before moving on. If you are interested, this site has more info.
Be sure and read the first part of this day's travels in the previous post.

In Towanda Karen saw a Ben Franklin store. She said she hasn't been in one since she was little. Even Route 6, a US highway, is hilly and winding. I have to wedge myself in to avoid slipping of my place. When Karen and Bob mentioned this to a man in the hotel bar, he said the local saying is the roads were laid out by tying a paint brush to a cow's tail. I believe it. Another car from FL must also agree since they drove just like Bob - breaking at the top of all the hills. Not like the locals, they just whizz right along.
When we got to the hotel, it was so cool, the receptionist had a present for me and I got to open it.

Karen and Bob left to get lunch. After they saw this quilt shop and thought of Liz so had to go in. Karen asked about the 5 point metal stars we had seen on so many houses. The woman in quilt shop said they were just a house fashion statement that started about 5 years a ago, nothing special.

After lunch, Karen and I went for a walk around the hotel grounds. We have the perfect dog room, right by the exit to an excellent walking area. As a bonus, we have this wonderful view from the hotel.

hew, about time I could relax.




No comments:

Post a Comment